Sometimes it takes me a while to open up to strangers, but that’s why I’m writing this post. I want you to get to know me, so here’s 20 facts about me, in random order:
- I am an adrenaline addict and would love to bungee jump from a bridge.
- Ever since I learned how to write I have kept diaries – and have completed at least 8.
- When it comes to traveling, I am up for anything. I love spontaneous decisions, because traveling without plans makes for the best stories.
- I am a twin.
- I love the Latino culture – the music, the dances, and the food: especially plantains and pinto beans. Apart from being delicious, they are a great vegan source of complex carbs and protein.
- My favorite season is summer. There is no other season for me. I’ve always felt like I was born on the wrong side of the world.
- I am fluent in Spanish and it’s one of my favorite languages.
- I used to be obsessed with Grey’s Anatomy – this show has taught me a lot and I have made wonderful friends thanks to Grey’s.
- I stretch and/or do yoga almost every night before going to sleep. It makes me feel connected to Earth and reminds me to be grateful.
- As a kid, I always wanted to be a performer in a circus. Now that I think about it, it correlates to my need to constantly experience new cultures and countries.
- I am a tea connoisseur. I know my tea and I have about fifteen different kinds of teas at home (I’m talking loose leaves, not tea bags).
- I have an urge to jump from high heights (into water, not the ground. Oh my god).
- At the age of 15, I decided to move to Costa Rica, so I did for precisely one year. After finishing high school in Germany I went back to C.R. to work there.
- Thai is my favorite cuisine. I love the spices and different flavors, and everything coconut-based. Thais really know how to cook.
- As a lover of all things secondhand, I love visiting flea markets to discover hidden gems and to then combine them with store-bought pieces.
- I am a kid at heart. I think it is important to keep your inner child alive.
- I am deeply moved by the beauties of life, especially nature. Nature is cheaper than therapy (and this is a future psychologist speaking).
- Whenever I stay in a place for a long time, especially Germany, my heart begins to ache, and I long to go on another adventure. I urge to get to know all the cultures, landscapes, people, food, traditions our world has to offer.
- I grew up playing soccer and dancing classic ballet. I remember being made fun of because I would change into my soccer jersey and shin pads at the ballet studio.
- It is easier for me to express my deeper thoughts and feelings through writing than verbally. I love keeping a journal and I will turn to it when I experience inner turmoil, but also when I feel inspired. I have a natural tendency to write my experiences down, and this is why I started this blog. I love sharing not only my crazy stories, but also what I learn along the way – only if you want to hear it – for example the story of my escape from a couch surfer’s home after missing my flight, or the time an employee broke into my room (twice) in Sri Lanka. (Yep, that happened.)
Ich hoffe ihr konntet mich durch diese random facts ein bisschen besser kennenlernen und freue mich auf eure Fakten! Wenn du einen Blog hast, lass’ gerne einen Kommentar da und ich schaue mal auf deinem Blog vorbei!
Folgt ihr mir schon auf Snapchat?
I hope you enjoyed these 20 random facts about me and got to know me a little better! Follow me on Snapchat and Instagram and comment below some facts about you so I can get to know you. Also comment your blog (if you have one) so I can go check it out! 🙂