Buddha Bowls: They are filling bowls of various greens, raw or roasted veggies, healthy fats and protein. They can contain a whole rainbow of ingredients and be seasoned in any number of ways, but the basic formula always remains the same. The reason why everyone loves Buddha Bowls (at least I think so) is that they’re simple to make and full of nutrients and vitamins for overall health.
These are my personal go-to choices when I make buddha bowls, perfect for weight loss and overall health! I will tell you what I choose over other ingredients and why.
- Cos: Texture-wise I prefer cos salad
- Spinach and Kale: even more nutritious
- Broccoli, shredded carrots, roasted eggplant, beets, squash
- Fermented Vegetables: Sauerkraut, Kimchi (fermented cabbage)
- Sprouts: Alfalfa-, Bohnensprossen
- Tempeh (nutty taste; easier to digest and healthier than tofu)
- Legumes: Chickpeas, Beans (edamame, white, broad, kidney beans), Hummus
- Grains: Quinoa
- Nuts, Seeds
- Nuts: Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Pecans, Brazil Nuts (2 each day for your daily selenium!)
- Seeds: Pepitas, Roasted Pine Nuts, Flax Seeds
What are your favorite buddha bowl combinations? Let me know in the comments!
Left: Raw cos salad, roasted sweet potato, chickpeas, pepitas, avocado, sesame sauce
Right: Raw cos salad, shredded carrots, sliced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, celery, hummus, red bell pepper hummus